So don’t you just hate being told what to do? I do. It drives me crazy. I’m really odd about it. I can’t stand being told what to do.
One example which might seem unusual is that I hate those inspirational quotes which say:
Go out there and make the most of your life!
I take it as an accusation and an instruction and I hate both. You can’t tell me what to do, mother f. So don’t even try. How you you know I’m not already making the most of my life, you presumptuous p**ck. So f off, and take your inspiration with you.
I don’t like pushiness. I do not respond well to being pushed.
Another example is that when, say, you are running a race, and people shout encouragement? I really don’t like that. They shout: go on! Keep going!
It drives me insane. It makes me want to sit down in protest, to spite them.
I think it’s a sickness. What do you think? I’m definitely not normal.
I don’t think I am a patient person. I suppose it depends what it is you are waiting for. But today I thought I would go down a list of things to do or to think about doing, to take your mind off what ever it is that is driving you mental 🙂
- Reading books is good
- Watching television
- eat some chocolate
- make a drawing
- make a comic book
- make a novel
- make a jigsaw puzzle
- make a cake
- go for a walk
- plant a tree
- put on a fashion show
- build a bridge (using blocks or books or anything you can pile up
- make a fort
- write a movie
- write a tv series
- create characters and decide every aspect of them
- make a pizza
- make a sculpture
- make a new outfit
- make a map
- make a time capsule
- write a letter
- write an essay
- write a book report
- bury those in the garden
- paint your finger nails and your toes
- take a bath
- go swimming
- make a rockery
- take all the rocks out of your rockery (if you already had a rockery)
- pick an actor and watch every film they ever were in
- play with dolls
- clean your house
- do laundry
- get on with your life
- because it doesn’t really matter
- one way or another
- didn’t you ever want something
- so bad, and then not get it, and
- realise it didn’t matter?
- Or didn’t you ever get exactly
- you wanted, only to find you didn’t want
- it at all?
- Doc Hollywood, am I right?
- Or maybe the Matrix…
- That’s fun – think of all the films you
- can, related to a theme of some sort.
- In this case, getting something you thought you wanted.
When I grow up (or, someday in the future, maybe when I’ve got my own house)
I am going to:
- Learn to play the piano.
- Make Macaroni and vegan cheese
- Live in Europe
- Dress up in fancy dress
- Throw fancy dress parties
- Bake cakes and take them to share with friends and acquaintances
That’s all I’ve got so far. I’ll get back to you.